City of Independence
City of Independence Parks, Rec. and Tourism
Discover true American legends in Independence, Missouri. Located just minutes from Kansas City, Independence is a bucket-list destination for any history buff. Explore 16 group-friendly heritage attractions from pioneer adventures to president Harry S Truman. Take time to explore the historic Square, filled with specialty shops and unique restaurants. Independence can enhance your tour with special experiences including horse-drawn carriage rides, a Harry Truman impersonator and encounters with pioneer people of the past.
- Harry S Truman Library & Museum
- Truman Home National Historic Site
- National Frontier Trails Museum
- 1859 Jail, Marshal's Home & Museum
- Bingham-Wagonner Estate
- Vaile Mansion
- Mormon Visitors Center
- Community of Christ Auditorium & Temple
- Historic Independence Square
- Itinerary Planning
- Step-On Guide
- Complimentary welcome bags for groups with overnight stays
Open year round.